cPanel is a Linux based web hosting control panel. Since cPanel has an excellent user-friendly GUI and easily manageable tools, it is prevalent among web developers. Due to the high demand for the cPanel, almost all web-hosting companies provide cPanel services to their customers. However, the high demand raised the service price. Fortunately, there are many alternatives for cPanel available in the market. Some of them are free, and some have better controls than cPanel. So, Let’s find out, what are the best cPanel alternatives.
Free cPanel Alternatives
Froxlor is an open source web hosting control panel based on Linux. Guess what it is totally free. It support PHP as a back end language.
Froxlor have some perfect features like,
- Multi stack support
- Easy SSL integration service
- An excellent ticketing system for customer re-seller communication.
- Accurate traffic calculation service with interactive graphs.
- Comes with an advance API which allows you the full control of your hosting.
- Free website builder
- And other common features such as DNS, Email, FTP, My SQL management, Directory protection & settings and Quota management
However, Comparing to the cPanal, Froxor have a few negative points,
- Froxor is not available with shared hosting
- One click Content management system installation is not available with forxor (means you have to manually install applications like WordPress or prestashop)
You can view a live demo of Froxor from here
Download the latest version of Froxor from here
Ajenti is also a free web host control panel based on Python. Ajento also runs on various Linux distributions
Ajecnti have some interesting features like,
- Very lightweight admin panel (just require 30MB of ram and 75MB of storage)
- Easy to use admin panel
- Good responsive remote terminal.
- Fully extensible control panel
- Wonderful and advance web interface designing tools.
- A web builder
- High performance ( The powerful backend of ajenti will give high performance to your website.)
- Highly modular and extensible framework
Ajenti have a high quality web builder . Ajenti web builder based websites have a responsive layout. So, the websites will function well in mobile phones and tablets.
Another advantage of using Ajenti is it support many programing languages such as,
- Ruby puma
- Ruby Unicorn
Still, there are some disadvantages of using Ajenti,
- Ajenti is not available with shared hosting.
- Easy SSL integration is not included.
- One click Content management system installation is not available.
You can download Agenti for Ubuntu from here
Visit the official Agenti developers website for more information.
ZPanel is also a free cPanel alternative. It works with Windows, Linux and OSX servers. However, Zpanel has limited tools comparing to other web host control panels. So, if you are an advanced developer, zPanel is a no go.
ZPanels user interface is somehow equal to the cPanel interface. Although, if you are a cPanel user using ZPanel will be very easy.
ZPanel has all the essential tools you need to manage your host.
Services such as,
- Built-in file manager
- FTP controls
- Database administration
- Server stat meters
,are included with the ZPanel package.
If you are a beginner in web developing ZPanel is a perfect choice for you. Don’t worry, It has every essential tool you need.
Since ZPanel only have relatively few web security features choosing ZPanel for professional works is not a wise decision.
We suggest not to use ZPanel for,
- Online sales websites
- Social media websites
- Any website where money transactions take place.
- Website storing any sensitive information about visitors.